The central task of clinical hygiene is the prevention and combating of hospital infections.
The range of tasks includes:
- Detection and explanation of causes of hospital infections
- Analysis of microbiological findings
- Registration of infections
- Creation of Hygiene plans for the various sectors
- Control of sterilization, disinfection and hygiene measures
- Infectiological care of stations
Through participation in various studies (Complication Study, European resistance study on bacterial pathogens (EARSS)) we are engaged in the latest scientific issues in the field of clinical hygiene.