Speech therapists treat patients with language, speech, voice, and swallowing disorders.
The speech therapy team primarily caters for the neurorehabilitation, neurology and neurosurgery wards, the intermediate care ward, and the intensive care units. Moreover, the consiliary care of patients throughout the hospital is ensured (especially in the center for spine and spinal cord injuries).
- diagnosis of voice, speech, speaking and swallowing disorders
- diagnostic imaging of dysphagia by endoscopy (Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of swallowing) and videofluoroscopy (Radiological functional diagnostics)
- therapy of the abovementioned disorders using evidence-based treatment concepts such as:
- functional dysphagia therapy
- LSVT (Lee Silverman Voice Treatment-)
- Functional Voice Training - after the Erlanger model
- F.O.T.T (Facio-oral tract therapy)
- PNF in facial palsy
- MODAK (modalities activation in aphasia therapy)
- both multimodal and linguistic methods are used in the communicative and linguistic areas.
- advice and information for relatives and victims
- intensive interdisciplinary cooperation with colleagues of all occupational groups
- regular training to ensure the quality of speech therapy treatments
- internal and external training of all professional groups